Forge Your Own Adventure!
June 14, 2020 – June 28, 2020
French Creek Iron Tour 2020
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 French Creek Iron Tour must go virtual, at least in part.
The Iron Tour Committee is continuing to work very hard to reschedule the ride to later this year but with so many variables still out of our control, we wanted to ensure a 2020 Iron Tour in some form. So, in the meantime, it is our pleasure to introduce
the COVID-19 version of the 2020 French Creek Iron Tour
FORGE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
Here’s how it will work:
- Ride one of the classic Iron Tour routes (11-100 miles)
- FORGE your own adventure from wherever you are (even your stationary bike!)
- Choose your own time(s) between June 14-28
- Send us your fun pictures
- We’ll designate some parking areas along the classic routes
- We’ll email links to cue sheets and RideWithGPS to registered riders
- We’ll mail Iron Tour t-shirts to registered riders
- If you register for the virtual ride and we are able to host a ride later this year, your one registration fee would count for both rides
- If you register for the virtual ride and we are not able to host a ride later, you will receive a 10% discount on the 2021 Iron Tour
What we ask of you:
- Practice social distancing
- Obey all traffic laws
- Remember there will be no rest stops, SAG, road markings or other support so plan accordingly
- Carry the water, food and gear that you’ll need
- When designing your route, always keep safety in mind
- Wear your helmet at all times while riding
- Carry your ID, medical card and charged phone
- Carry a mask in case you stop at a convenience store
- When you see the “Preserved Forever” signs along the classic routes, remember that it was the work of French & Pickering and your support that will keep those areas in their natural state forever
Out of necessity, the 2020 Iron Tour will be as no one could have predicted. But during these unprecedented times, the Iron Tour Committee felt it was important to continue in its support of French & Pickering’s work. The stay-at-home order has emphasized the critical importance of having safe outdoor recreational opportunities. Take a look at the website to see the places of natural beauty that French & Pickering’s work has opened to all of us for exploration and adventure during these strange times and forever. We greatly appreciate your understanding in partnering with us to keep the Iron Tour’s 18-year streak going and for your support of French & Pickering.
Our 2020 Iron Tour Sponsors:
For over 52 years, French & Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust has worked to preserve over 12,850 acres of beautiful northern Chester County. As a private nonprofit, we count on your support to fund our work to keep our air and water clean, preserve our most special places, and provide healthy ways to enjoy the fruits of our labor through programs and events like the French Creek Iron Tour.